How Do I Unbox And Assemble My Smartfeeder?
Putting together your SmartFeeder is simple to do. There are a few easy steps to follow depending which generation SmartFeeder you are assembling.
Putting together your SmartFeeder is easy to do. Let’s review the steps on how to assemble your SmartFeeder.
Open the Food Container lid to remove the following contents.
- User Manual
- Metal tray insert
- Micro USB cord and Adapter
- Food Container Insert
- Pull the feeding tray out so that it lays flat and remove the blue sticker.
- Slide the plastic bowl onto the tray until it locks in place and place in the metal tray insert.
- Turn the Feeder on from the power switch located in the back.
Once you have completed your wifi set up, fill the Food Container with your dry kibble leaving about 1 or 2 inches of room between the food level and Food Container. We recommend performing a 1/4th feed to help the food rotate through the wheel and into your bowl. While priming your feeder you may notice some kibble fall into the bowl.
SmartFeeder (1st Generation)
If you are assembling the first generation SmartFeeder your steps will be a little different.
Open the hopper to remove the following contents:
- Micro USB cord and Adapter.
- Feeder bowl
You will also find the Metal Tray insert inside the box.
- Place the Micro USB cord into the bottom of the Feeder Base.
- Insert the micro USB cord into the bottom of the Feeder Base.
Once you have finished your wifi connection from within the Petnet app, take the Metal Tray insert and place it on the Feeding bowl.
- Place the bowl into the front of the Feeding base until you hear it lock in place. You should see a blue light illuminated around your feeder base confirming that you are connected to the wifi.
Fill your hopper with kibble leaving an inch of room from the food level to the lid.
After you have placed your lid back on the hopper we recommend performing a 1/4th feed to help the food rotate through the wheel and into your bowl. While priming your feeder you may notice some kibble fall into the bowl.